Friday, December 29, 2006

It's all fun and games


....until somebody turns the lights out. Heck, it's still all fun and games:)



Last night, Trinity and I took a night time trollop through the snow. I strapped on my snow shoes and she used that german shepherd body of hers to plow through the snow. Using my new Nikon CoolPix S6, I tried to capture the essence of the scene. In some ways I succeeded, and in other ways I failed. I'm still trying to figure out the best mode for capturing night photography. Trinity's action shots at night failed. I either destroyed the ambience of the scene by blasting everything in sight with the flash or captured Trinity as a blur. Oh well...many days of discovery lie ahead.These pictures were taken in the green area (well...what used to be green), in front of my apartment building.


There is a gravel path under all that snow that leads to Old Town Lafayette. The city decorated beautifully! They placed colored celophane bags over the street lamps. You can see a "blue" and "red" lamp in the picture. I think the lightedbuilding is a bank. It sure looks pretty though, doesn't it?Just as I arrived at the road and was prepared to trek down main street for some more snowy pictures, the lights flickered and went out. According to the message on Excel Energy's self-help hotline, the outage lasted 4 hours. I don't know, I was talkin' to the sandman by that time.Trinity and I tromped back to our apartment in the darkness. I lit every candle in the house (I have lots of candles!!!) and enjoyed the peace and quiet. It's amazing how much better I can concentrate when there are a limited amount of things I can do. Since watching T.V. and playing with this blog were out, I had no trouble sitting on the couch with a book-light, reading the remaining pages of "Song of the Alpine". What a great book. Fantastic pictures, and interesting facts about the animals and plants that call the high country home. It was also great because I'm very familiar with the areas the authortalks about. Trinity hung out on my bed for most of the night. That was kind of strange. She's normally a morning snuggler, not a nightime one. She jumped up in my bed almost immediately after we came in from the dark. I heard her in there scratching at the sheets, trying to make a nest that was more comfortable for herself. She snuggled up against me while I read.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mpmull2u said...

Nice Photos,
Happy New Year, Lisa