Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Chapter 8: Miracles, Fleabites, and Lightening Strikes

Probably one of my favorite things about this book is the insight into Dan's fascinating life. Considering he is probably the closest I'll ever come to knowing a rock star (though his play style is really more folk than rock), I am interested to know how he came to his present place in life. I already told Lynn that I'm a secret groupie:)

Like Dan, I too have found miracles in my life. Usually find them when I am open to God and I am looking for his hand in the world around me. I am a believer in "You find what you are looking for", even if I am not always a practitioner of this belief. Sometimes, it takes very heavy handed events to help me wake up and stop being cynical; to give in to my naturally idealistic nature, which I feel so vulnerable embracing. The world seems so full of cynics and realists. In an effort to fit in, I sometimes try to see the world through this lens, hoping it will be less disappointing.

No comments: