Friday, August 3, 2007

Book Review: Seven Steps on The Writers Path


When I picked up this book, I was looking for some advise on how to become a published writer. But, I didn't want to read a dry manual or a book with a discouraging tone. While this book does not offer addresses and names of agents, it does provide an inside look into the lives of many successful writers. The authors themselves are writers of fiction and self-help books. This book is more a look into the psyche of a writer, and in that respect it was pretty comforting. Nancy and Lynn helped me realize that there is an emotional cycle to writing that I often feel but can't really put into words myself. Like life, once you realize the existance of this cycle you can move from inaction to action more quickly.

The only critism I have for this book is that it dragged on a little long toward the end. The authors probably could have dropped 20-50 pages without compromising the message of the book.

No comments: