Monday, July 20, 2009

Sunset at Mt. Evans



Yesterday evening, I had this great idea. I wanted to see the sunset from Echo Lake near the Mount Evans Wilderness area. Though storm clouds loomed over Lookout mountain near my condo, I had to take the chance that the clouds would clear somewhere up there in the mountains. I was hopeful that the clouds would clear over me.

So, I threw Trinity in the back of the truck and we set off. We witnesed an incredible lightening storm and a brief bout of rain. Then we turned off the exit at Idaho Springs and began our drive up into the clouds. Everything smelled fresh after the rain. Even the sky seemed to have found it's own clean slate.

At this look out, Trinity and I took a break from driving and took in the beautiful view. Everywhere I looked was a little more inspiration. Finally we left this roadside pull out, and continued on to Echo Lake

The Lake was just as I hoped it would be. People were fishing from the road off it's banks. Trinity and I set off on our own course. We walked the far side, and headed into a thick pine forest. I felt safe with Trinity by my side. I knew nothing would get me as long as she was by my side. That's the upside of living with a dog that is constantly challenging you to be alpha female.

We ran back through the woods, with the temperature falling. I was glad I had the forethough to bring a jacket. I could see my breath as we ran. After arriving back at the car, I realized how lucky I was to see such beautiful things and to have such a loyal companion.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: