Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I miss her in one way or another every day.  Wish she was still here.  Hope that I did the right thing.  But today, my "Trinity" thought, came to me via Mira.  Mira is my 5 year old German Shepherd.  When Trinity was alive, I used to wonder what each of them did during the day while I was at work.  Trinity must have been in the bedroom writing a memoir or solving the world's energy crisis.  Mira was probably sleeping in a pile of tennis balls in the living room, twitching with dreams of chasing them.  I never really thought Mira was that bright.  Just loveable.  Trinity was the genius.

But my opinion of Mira has changed.  On Sunday, she was one of a few dogs to pass the herding instinct test at Valdamar Farms.  I was impressed to watch her figure out a technique and see the sheep as a group.  I didn't even know what she was supposed to be doing.

Today, I took her for a walk down in Golden.  I taught her how to heel at my side.  There are definitely things to work on, but her precision in turning to the right is amazing.  Her confidence and trust in me as a handler, when other dogs pass, is incredible.  She is happy to be praised and happy to work well.  I don't know if she's a genius or not.  I don't need her to be.  The smile she put on my face today and last Sunday is enough for me.  Love you Mira :) 



No comments: