Sunday, May 6, 2007

Mesa Trail: Part Deux

 

 

 

 

The first photo is of the Doudy-Debacker-Dunn House remains. The first inhabitant of this house, Sylvester Doudy, was an original settler of the area. He built a wooden section of the house in 1858 that has since been destroyed. Next came John Debacker in 1869. He purchased the house and surrounding acreage for $500.00. I wonder if that was expensive back in the day. Now, that wouldn't even buy you a month's rent! He built this 2 story stone edition in 1874 that remains standing 'til this day. Must have done a real great job! In 1901, John Debacker retired and handed the property over to his daughter and son-in-law. They occupied the place well until John's death in the 1950's.

'Kay...history lesson over:) More beautiful unknown wildflowers (at least to me). I have to get a book for identifying flowers. I just love it too much not to. I especially love the flowering plant in my last photo. What a gorgeous subject it makes!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: