Sunday, May 6, 2007

Mesa Trail Part I





Woke up this morning to surprisingly clear conditions. At first I was hopeful that the predicted rain had moved out of our area earlier than expected. As it turns out, this morning was just a break in the clouds. So...I did what any sane normal person would do with a beautiful morning. I got out of the house as soon as possible and drove toward the South Mesa Trail in Eldorado Canyon near Boulder Colorado. Ann and I hiked the northern end of this trail on Friday, but I've never explored the southern end.

As you can see, with all of our rain the fire danger is extremely low right now. The second photo shows a map of today's tromp. I didn't complete the whole southern end of the trail this morning, but I made it to the southern end of the Big Bluestem. That doesn't look like much distance on this map, but the whole time I was traveling north, I was going up hill. It was a lot of fun and as you shall see, I saw some beautiful wildflowers. The third picture in this post is of the start of the trail just as it passes over a small creek. Lovely!

By the way, if I weighed 15 tons, I don't think I'd want to move faster than 5mph
Posted by Picasa

No comments: