Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Lisa's Rough Drafts is NOT Dead!

I recently received a comment from a fellow named "Walt" mourning the fact that he had arrived at the blog too late. Alas, he incorrectly surmised that this blog was dead. In fact, I was in the midst of a move and dealing with other life changing events that prevented me from posting for the last several months.

When I moved from my apartment in Lafayette to a condo in Lakewood, I waited nearly 2 weeks to re-estasblish high speed internet access at my new place. The my new place was built in the early 80's when the internet was merely a twinkle in Al Gore's eye (just kidding:). I ended up going wireless, because it was really the only option available short of ripping up the newly installed carpet and running a cable underneath or dealing with the unsightly cord snaking across the living room, hall way, and second bedroom.

So there...that's my excuse for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My first apartment when I moved into the world was built in the 1950s. Who knows when it had been remodeled, or if it had. There was only one grounded electrical plug in the whole apartment and it was across the house from where the cable company had put the cable access for our internet. What a terrible wirey mess.