Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rocky Mountain Folk Festival 2008

Because Missy Higgins was playing at the Rocky Mountain Folk Festival in Lyons, CO this year...I decided to throw down for some tickets. I am so glad I did. What a great time. The festival is a general admission event. This is where we setup our chairs and convinced ourselves that it wasn't too bad considering we arrived at 2:30 in the afternoon. Most of the chairs in front of us were likely set up by concert-goers who camped on-site. It pays to able to setup as early as possible.

What a cool way for the kids to keep occupied. I think a lot of adults like myself also enjoyed the river that ran by Planet Bluegrass, the concert venue. There were lots of rock sculptures, kids tubing, and adults wading throughout the afternoon.

In front of me are our new seats. By politely asking a "tarp owner" down front if I could sit there, they responded in the positive. Much better sound, could see the performers pretty well (the fence sometimes got in the way), and felt more like I was in the thick of things. Also met Josephine who had just moved to Denver from Seattle, WA. She was so sweet and sort of embodied the spirit of making new friends at an event like this.
Missy Higgins. Wow! What a great singer/songwriter. She put on a wonderful show! I was so thrilled to get such fantastic close-ups and to even record a full video of her singing "Ten Days", which is on my YouTube site.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

nell said...

Much better weather than we had at the Friday mud pit! But fun was had by all none-the-less! And amazing line-ups all three days. You couldn't go wrong!