Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve 2008

A fun tradition for me is attending a Christmas Eve mass. This year I attended Holy Ghost Catholic church in downtown Denver. The service was nice, but communion turned out to be not so pleasant. The guy hesitated on giving me the wafer and for a second I thought I was going to be denied. Then an alter boy went rushing toward me. Luckily he was after someone else who he suspected had not eaten the body of Christ. I thought for sure I'd been caught in my 'bootleg communion'.

This year I really out did myself with gifts. I am currently a victim of the economy, so I didn't have the bank to break on gifts. In a lot of ways, this was a good thing. It forced me to really think about how I could make small gifts more meaningful. The tree in this picture is the one I helped decorate this year. Alas, my pink Christmas tree from last year fell victim to my youngest German Shepherd's destructive phase.

No comments: