Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Living in the Now 9/26/2012

Yesterday was a tough day.  I sprained my ankle over the weekend, and that has made my life so much more complex.  I am unable to stay at my house alone, so I have to stay at a friend's house.  That would have been fun, if it weren't for the fact that my ankle must remain elevated.

But always with this exercise, I find there are always bright spots in a day:

1.)  An acquaintance of mine has been trying to help me get connected at a local church.  I am hoping this will help me gain friendships and push me toward a renewal of my spirituality

2.)  Another friend of mine contacted me with some great news regarding his start-up company.  Apparently they have been selected to compete for an award that could help the company get off the ground.  This excited me because I find myself feeling very stagnant in my life.  I want to take some risks, and it motivates me to do so when I see him doing it and succeeding.

An everyday event that I found satisfying:

Really, there was nothing "everyday" about yesterday.  I feel displaced because of this ankle business.

No comments: