Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Living in the Now 08/07/2012

I want this exercise to become ingrained in my head.  Ingrained, so that I don't have to blog about it, but rather live it.  I want to appreciate each day, whether it went my way or didn't.  It seems when things are going really well or the bottom has dropped out of my life, I am able to refocus and see what is important.  Since I am in the "in between" I do not recognize it and can actually feel as though I am unhappy.

So here it goes.  Day 2.

Pleasurable Experiences:
1.)  Reading bits and pieces of my "therapy" book by Henry cloud while soaking in a hot bath.  I feel like I will make progress toward my goal if I continue to put forth effort.

2.)  Working in my office with the window open.  I felt like I was included in the outside world.  Two people were standing on the sidewalk outside talking.

Relishing a normal experience:

Walking out of work, I enjoyed the sun on my face.  It was a relief to leave.  It was also a relief to know that I had solved a huge problem that I had been struggling with for days.  Solving a huge problem is not always a normal experience.



No comments: