Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Living in the Now 08/08/2012

Day 3:

Pleasurable Experiences:

1.)  One of the guys at work told me about a camping trip he was taking with friends and family.  He told me how they were going to Estes Park.  That he would take his kids to this mini-fun center to play minature golf and race down the burlap bag slide.  He and his friends were going to camp somewhere in Rocky Mountain National Park.  That sounded like a lot of fun.  On top of it, he included me and wanted to know if I wanted to go.  It was nice to feel included in something.

2.)  An accomplishment at work.  I nailed the solution to a problem I have been chasing for days.  That felt pretty darn good.

Appreciating a normal everyday moment:

I took a moment out of my day to go outside and sit under the trees.  I love doing this because it allows my imagination to roam.  Like what's going on at that building next door?  Do the landscapers love their jobs?  It seems like a good gig to me; working outside.  Who is that getting in their car and what is their life like?

No comments: