Friday, August 10, 2012

Living in the Now 8/9/2012

Day 4:

Yesterday was a tough one.  I am starting to feel sick again.  I had some vertigo.  Vertigo triggered panic attacks.  I am glad I have this exercise to help me remember that there are happy moments in my life.

Pleasurable Experiences:

1.)  I talked to a co-workers about India.  We were relating stories to one another about our international friends and also discussing personal aspirations.  It felt good to get out of my cube and connect with someone else.

2.)  Reading The Law of Happiness and being reminded that working for money is not who we are created to be.  We are also called to use our gifts and talents to contribute to the world.  And this leads to happiness.  I was reminded of the parable of the man who stored up his riches to make himself feel secure with his future.  In the middle of the night, his life was ended.  I guess he didn't need that safety net. I am trying to create a safety net, and it isn't leading to happiness.  In fact, the more money I try to accumulate for safety, the more I feel like I am just working for the buck and not contributing to my happiness, nor those around me. 

Appreciating a normal everyday moment:

Crawling into bed at night with my pups.  Kahlan curling up in a little ball like a baby deer and staring at me with these big doey eyes.  She is in season and seemed to be saying "Mommy, help..."

No comments: