Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Living in the Now: 8/14/2012

This is becoming difficult.  I think I will have to start reminding myself "This is a pleasurable experience" rather than trying to reflect the following day.  From what I remember:

1.) Cleaning and tossing.  I started cleaning yesterday evening.  Major cleaning.  I've felt like I was living in a huge laundry pile for the past few weeks.  And starting Monday, with the big Wii give-away, I began the process of sorting through what I really need.  Last night I realized that a few things that were unnecessary.  I threw out some things and set others aside to give-away.  All aspects of my house look better and I feel so much more peaceful in my house

2.) While I was cleaning, I ran across some important journals from my time when I was speaking with a therapist and life-coach.  It was insightful and fun to read what was important to me 5 years ago.  Some of these items are still important to me.  A few of the items that made me smile:

1.) become a dog handler (check)
2.) teach Trinity to be more social.  It was always a work in progress :)

Savoring a normal experience:

Sitting on the floor with the dogs.  When I came to their level, they automatically started interacting with me.  Before they were sleeping.  Kahlan came over and jammed her head into the space between my armpit and where I was sitting on the carpet.  She flipped herself over and enjoyed being petted.  Mira brought me a peace offering in the form of a ball.

Also, looking at the statistics for my blog, I am especially happy by the "repeat visits" that I occassionally see in the logs.  While I don't know their origin, Council Bluffs Iowa, Dayton, Ohio, Boulder, Colorado, and California come to mind.  I appreciate your anonymous browsing.

No comments: